Senior software development engineer
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Working as a Software Developer at Signify is dynamic. Being in the Hue team, you'll be working for the world's leading connected home lighting system that works with all major smart home platforms (Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google, Nest, Smartthings).
Since its launch in 2012, Philips Hue is changing the way people interact and experience lighting.
Philips Hue has encouraged other companies to develop devices, apps and systems that inter-operate with our system. Through a vibrant developer program there are more than 600 third-party apps for Philips Hue. The Hue ecosystem is growing rapidly through both new lights, luminaires, sensors, and switches as well as exciting partnerships like Google and Apple.
We're looking for a Senior software developer who'll be able to work with the latest techniques and practices in the world of networked devices and software development. You'll be part of Signify's Hue Bridge team and its responsibilities are developing and testing functionality for our Hue bridge. Passion for software development and an agile mindset must be embedded in your DNA.
What you'll do
Your role is to develop functionality for our Hue bridge, you have relevant design experience with domain modeling and model driven development. You can share and explain the core practices and benefits of domain modeling and model driven development and you'll translate that into a practical approach for development teams unfamiliar with this approach.
- You'll develop, test and integrate new software functionality and extensions for the Hue bridge together with a team of software developers.
- You'll innovate on our development practices with domain modeling and model driven development techniques and coach other engineers in this domain.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience developing complex embedded software products with advanced design and development techniques using C++ or another high-level programming language.
- Working experience with domain modeling and model driven engineering in a software development context.
- Preferably experience with embedded Linux as a development platform
- Preferably experience with continuous integration/delivery concepts
- Good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communication skills.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career including personal development budget and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Back to top