Segment Marketing Leader - Public (Senior Level)
Working in marketing at Signify is dynamic. We are an outgoing and customer-focused team. We love to question the status quo, improving ourselves and our way of working. We are ambitious and learn from each other; we are truly greater together. We are a diverse team with different backgrounds and nationalities. And we want to write history with our disruptive products and ways to market them.
The End User Marketer, Public (Director, Public Sector Marketing) is a key leadership role in the USA Market organization for Signify and is responsible for driving consistent End User marketing strategy and activities to stimulate market pull. In this role you define and execute Lead Generation programs in the market supporting sales funnel creation and lead the efforts in generating consumer insights analyzing and understanding market trends.
As our End User Marketer, you'll...
· Capture Voice of Customer to be repurposed in various marketing tactics.
· Analyze and report out market, competitive, and customer trends and opportunities in the Public Sector.
· Translate mid/long term developments in the market segment into future product plans and identify the necessary key components for realizing future product ranges.
· Develop, manage, and execute a holistic strategic marketing plan to achieve results in a cross-functional to a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the US Public Sector. Set vision and direction for the Public Sector to deliver significant marketing pipeline that demonstrates goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, results, and investment levels.
· Manage the product portfolio and translate product segment strategies into general product plans (time horizon 3 years) and defines the future product portfolio changes. Work with Product Marketing to develop value propositions for the Public Sector.
· Ensure that product plans are integrated with planning of other disciplines, like R&D, Manufacturing.
· Develop market segmentation/sizing, account targeting, value creation, and market intelligence across government business segments.
· Develop and scale new programs and campaigns.
· Manage projects on-time, on-budget.
· Bachelor Degree in Tech Science, Business Administration in marketing/sales or a related discipline (Master's Degree preferred)
· Minimum of 12 years of related experience
· Minimum of 5 years of responsible role in any combination of technology marketing, end-user (vertical) marketing, or end-user sales roles in Business-to-Business/Business-to-Government markets..
· Minimum of 5 years in market/customer facing operations involving different go-to-market models
· Deep knowledge and understanding of Public Sector: US Federal Government, State, and Local Government and Higher Education Sectors.
· Minimum of 3 years in managing design and production of specific marketing support materials with ability to maintain creativity and professionalism in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Strong organization and proven project management skills with the ability to think strategically and work tactically in a dynamic environment.
· Strategic business partner to sales, with the ability to communicate, influence, and align.
· Know how to navigate a highly-matrixed and growth-oriented business environment with effective organization and communication skills that facilitate change management.
· Comfortable working in a start-up type environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
· Key account management experience (with large accounts)
· Minimum of 3 years of direct people management
· Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedure on new or special assignments
· Demonstrated understanding of business operations, marketing principles and management skills and techniques
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, and we light up the world! Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Meet Some of Signify's Employees
Sara S.Regional Commodity Manager, Freight & Distribution in Latin America
Sara looks for ways to improve efficiency via the supply chain in Latin America. She also leads key negotiations with Signify’s warehousing and distribution providers.
Back to top