Regional VP of Sales- Commercial Trade Lighting- Midwest Zone
- Indianapolis, IN
Regional Vice President Sales, CommercialTrade Channel- Midwest
This is a work from home role that may be located anywhere in the Midwest territory and in close proximity to a major metropolitan airport.
Commercial lighting sales andleadership experience is a MUST, candidates lacking this experience will not be given consideration.
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting. We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
Working as a Sales Leader at Signify is dynamic. You will be leading a team that sells award-winning solutions that have received numerous accolades for industry leadership and innovation; you will never face a stagnant or dated portfolio to sell against .
As a Regional VP of Professional Trade Sales, you will push us forward, finding new and different ways to meet our customers' needs, formulating strategic ways to bring solutions to market, and achieving ourgrowth goals while leading a team of high performing sales professionals. You will understand the Professional Trade channel ecosystem and next-generation users' wishes. You will translate our customers' dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market.
What you'll do
- You are responsible for leading, directing and motivating a Regional Sales Team to achieve Professional Trade sales and bottom up objectives
- Manages direct team of Agent, Specifier, and Distributor relationships within own scope to achieve sales targets.
- Maximizes Signify's share of wallet in the Independent Agent's portfolio.
- Makes recommendations concerning the selection of all new agents and/or the termination of existing agents. Develops agency relationships with all Signify Lighting agents to facilitate the promotion of Signify Lighting product lines.
- Maintain executive level relations with the Key Customers within the Region.
- Oversee the implementation of locally relevant distributionstrategy to drive sales growth and market share
- Identify, develop, and retain talent to ensure the accomplishment of established targets and provide leadership to improve succession management, sales performance, and business continuity.
- Achieves revenue, margins, and sales productivity efficiencies targets within the assigned regional area.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership capability through design and implementation of a unified strategy in a highly matrixed organization to drive initiatives to create market advantage and reduce channel conflict with other commercial teams.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Lighting Trade channel partner ecosystem and marketplace dynamics including competitive and customer trends that will encourage identification of new opportunities
- Establishes high levels of customer partnership andsatisfaction.
- Drives sales team engagement, drive a culture of accountability.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales volume, price management and profit margin within the Region.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing within the limits of the sales plan and sales policy.
- Coordinates all internal resources necessary to obtain objectives, including training of agency and direct sales teams, utilizing local sales and marketing resources.
- Manages sales across all brands, prepares annual planning as required and implements the sales strategy in line with Region and company objectives
- Bachelor's degree is required for this position; MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of commercial Lighting sales experience (luminaires, lamps, and lighting controls) .
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a "people manager" leading commercial sales teams.
- Strong understanding of Lighting sales partner ecosystem and GtM models to include: Specification, National Distribution, and Lighting Rep agents.
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting agents/agency strategies and performance monitoring.
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills; must have demonstrated leadership qualities to "sell-up" value.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven experience developing business and partnering at executive C-suite level
- A track record of delivering results. Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding aggressive growth targets and forecast accuracy.
- Vision and inspiring leadership; strong communicator with the leadership skills that engage and motivate peers, employees, colleagues, customers, and stakeholders; drives change, and promotes a sense of urgency.
- Technology savvy: Ability to work comfortably with sales tools: (SFDC/any other CRM) to enable disciplined follow-up and tracking.
- Must currently reside within the Midwest US Region
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without current or future sponsorship
- Competitive salary and incentive depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Back to top