R&D Group manager
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Working as a Group manager at Signify is dynamic. You'll be the Group leader for development/ innovation (combined with TPL activities for some dedicated projects) Lead development activities and resources to ensure BU (innovation) targets are met . We're greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We're looking for a Group manger who'll be responsible for leading the development team of Spots and WiFi Connected. You'll be part of the Signify, R&D, LED lamps, so innovation and leadership must be in your DNA.
What you'll do
- Elaborate the product/ technology roadmaps and manage project execution. - Steer the innovation directions for B&C, both in cost and differentiation.
- With Marketing/ Product Management and other E2E functions, formulate longer term vision/ strategy and help in defining necessary innovation projects (project launch calendar - cost tracker - cost downs, etc.)
- Ensure proper project definition, excellence in project execution and management as to ensure project deliverables (budget, cost, time, quality, etc.)
- Follow NDPL, give guidance, coach TPLs and team while ensuring optimal allocation of resources. Ensure and champion close cross-functional (internal and external -esp. with key suppliers-) collaboration for successful development and project execution.
- Define and coordinate medium term projects with Research teams - Ensure smooth transfer towards R&D (APC procedures, intern/ extern)
- Lead and manage development teams - Manage, maintain and improve teams and individual competencies and capabilities - Maintain long term view on required knowledge and expertise for new technology introduction, cost innovation and new competitive products - Ensure appropriate personnel management and coaching (from hiring thru training, appropriate staffing, performance appraisal, team motivation and winning spirit, proper task delegation, etc.) resulting in an engaged and motivated innovation team.
- Serve as role model and inspire others - Challenge, mobilize and champion improvements - Maintain close relation with other functions in order to enable cross learning and mutual assistance. - Expand network in and outside the organization. - Participate in the R&D community activities to achieve overall targets and improvements. - Follow the department working procedures, use appropriate development/ quality tools.
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future.
Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Meet Some of Signify's Employees
Sara S.Regional Commodity Manager, Freight & Distribution in Latin America
Sara looks for ways to improve efficiency via the supply chain in Latin America. She also leads key negotiations with Signify’s warehousing and distribution providers.
Back to top