Proposal Manager (Czech Speaking, Temporary Contract)
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Currently we are looking for a This role is part of European System Center, responsible for a global team. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving quality results, so aspiring for excellence must be in your DNA. Individual to join us on the position of Proposal Manager based in our global headquaters in Madrid, Spain or Warsaw, Poland.
You will need to find reliable and cost effective solutions to match customer requirements, minimizing risk and maximizing value and customer experience. You will need to be strict sometimes and flexible/pragmatic in other occasions. Only a good understanding of the company strategy can help you finding the balance. Our company is committed to develop a long-term business around systems and services. You will contribute by supporting the strategy, specifying the right system combination that will enable long term service contracts with our customers.
You will be part of the Market Group Europe organization and particularly to the European Systems Center, providing support to all Europe including the RCA region. You will be working in the lighting sector in all its different applications; offices, arenas, tunnels, street lighting, shops or factories. You will support the country Proposal Managers and Key Account Managers. You will work co-work with Technical Designers and System Engineers, all of the in the International Systems Center. You will seek for support but also challenge and influence the Business Group, therefore discussing with Value Proposition owners, Product Managers and System Experts.
What you'll do
- Proposal Management: Have a broad and in-depth knowledge of proposal management process ( M2O Proposal Mgt process 7.4.2) and is fully able to coordinate & manage all phases of Philips Lighting proposal process: develop the quotation based on value proposition, include the solution design, focus on managing risks and liabilities during proposal development; support end user sales professional to negotiate contracts with Customer, establish and implement the delivery plans and strategies for successful proposal delivery in line with end Customer and Signify internal expectations. Each generated and customized project proposal must be customer centric based upon value based pricing principles, with a clear value selling add on.
- Organizational agility- Have the knowledge and ability to understand the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; and how it embeds with the culture of the organization. Knowledgeable about how organization works; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network;
- Business law and contract management : Have the core expertise and understanding: when a quotation is' non- binding', 'binding', 'irrevocable' and the like; understand the content of Signify General Terms and Conditions of Sales(Standard & Projects); relation between legal related and business related matters in a proposal and contract; to identify the advantages and disadvantages of a penalty and liability clause; focus on process (customer, suppliers, finance, legal); requirements for involving the legal department.
- General Financials / Design to Cost : Have comprehensive knowledge of various financial models, to come up with the most compelling proposals, including LI Capital where needed, and be able to effectively de-risk upfront execution any possible identified project's threat (e.g. commercial, technical, legal, etc.).
- Stakeholder management: Capable of managing stakeholder expectations and needs in line with organizational objectives to create compelling proposals.
- Strategic Agility/ Learning on the fly: See ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change.
- Communication skills (written and verbal): Is able to write and verbally be clear and succinct in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; is able to build storyboards. Fluency in France for negotiations with internal and external clients.
- Motivating Others: Create a climate in which people want to do their best; Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; Can assess each persons hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; Can delegate tasks and decisions; empowering others; Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of experience in Bid / Proposal Management of technical deals
- Persuasive approach combined with outstanding communication skills (written and oral) & interpersonal skills and tenacity
- Change Management
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- General Financials / Design to Cost
- Project and Proposal Management
- Business law and contract management
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills, high responsiveness and drive for
- Exceptional facilitation and organization skills
- Demonstration of the necessary personality and leadership skills to engage and motivate a diverse group of Engineers, Project Managers, Sales Professionals, Project Procurement Engineering etc.
- Engineering competences
- Fluency in English, Czech foreign language(s)
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future.
Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Back to top