Principal Java Developer, Cloud
At Signify you'll work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge - and high-tech - impact. If you are looking for a challenge, you will find it at Signify. Do you want to join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry? We have over 16,000 patents and invest around 5% of our sales in R&D. We are looking for technical professionals who take our innovations and help us invent the future of lighting.
We're looking for a Principal Java Developer, AWS to work closely with the IoT Big Data Infrastructure and Solutions Platform technical and product management team to translate system architecture and product requirements into well implemented software components.
This role is part of IoT Big Data & Analytics Engineering, Based in Burlington, MA . Its responsibilities are to provide the infrastructure and expertise to collect and process really Big Data, originating from the ubiquitous lighting infrastructure, our customers, and our business processes, in order to support differentiated systems and data-enabled services.
Together we can...
provide an industrial-grade common infrastructure to support the rapid and efficient creation and operation of high value-added products, systems, and services by all Signify/Philips Lighting businesses.
Detailed responsibilities include
- Responsible for software architecture, design, and implementation of software components in the IoT Big Data and Analytics Platform team.
- Follow the DevOps model; therefore, deploying features to AWS cloud.
- Work closely with the Big Data and Analytics Platform architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well designed and implemented software components.
- Responsible for implementing highly optimized data analytics processing algorithms on big data batch and stream processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, etc).
- Responsible for implementing tools and infrastructure to support big data collection, processing, and sharing of results.
- Take on the most challenging aspects of software implementation, actively contributing code and creating the critical code foundation on top of which other members of the team can build.
- Responsible to ensure code quality, test-driven development adherence, and good code documentation by Big Data and Analytics Platform scrum teams.
- Lead the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools. You are providing guidance and feedback to other software developers.
- 12+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled products
- 6+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Masters degree is desirable
- Proven track-record in software architecture, design, implementation in a developer leadership role
- Proven track record of creating high-scalable and available backend service solutions
- Excellent expertise in object oriented programming (Java and Python are required) and one or more of Golang, R, SparkML, Scala, and Shell scripting.
- Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and Big Data technologies (Hadoop is required) and one or more of Storm, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc), and RDBMS.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and/or RESTful Web services
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with multiple teams.
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify! #LI-FM1
Back to top