Optoelectronic / Analog Electronic Engineer
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
LED lighting has many advantages over conventional lighting, not only in terms of energy efficiency, life time, fine grain controllability of the light but also because the light output of LEDs can be modulated at high speed. Hence, light from LEDs can carry and exchange information. Signify successfully applies this in solutions for indoor positioning, location-based services and personal control of the light settings in offices. LiFi is a further promising communication technique in which data is being transmitted via the light that illumination LEDs emit. Signify is looking for experts in this area, with a solid expertise in this area and a strong interest in turning this into innovative systems.
Together we can...
For this role, we are looking for an eager, autonomous and talented expert in wireless optical communication.
- Design analog circuits for optical wireless communication systems:
- Optical data receivers (PIN, APD based)
- Optical data transmitters (LED based)
- Know-how in LED driver and/ or AC/DC converter
- Power supplies for use with the above
- Prototype mixed signal PCBs for platform development
- Translate research outputs into practical and efficient solutions
- Test and characterize analog circuits as required in the development process
- Involvement in the full-cycle product development: hardware design, prototyping, and preparation for mass production
- Work fully autonomously
- Activly participate in the creation of IP
You will be based at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven, the smartest square km in Europe, joining a team of passionate software craftsmen working on the world's leading connected lighting systems. Surrounded by usability experts, product owners, software architects and test engineers, you'll take up the challenge to build high quality and exciting innovations providing the best lighting experience for our customers within our Signify LiFi Systems venture.
- Degree in electrical engineering or physics
- Experience in designing analogue circuits (ideally high speed communications circuits)
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant industry
- Demonstration of significant contribution to product designs and understanding of fundamental requirements of getting products to market.
Back to top