Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people's lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
We're looking for a Materials Planner to join our Supply Chain Team in Aurora, CO. You'll be responsible for managing the buying and planning of materials supporting the manufacturing of lighting fixtures. This position involves extensive relationship management with assigned vendors and manufacturers in addition to internal operations, customer service, engineering, and new product program management.
We're on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you'll do
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in sourcing unique materials, and resolving vendor material shortages, backlogs, quality issues and any other potential schedule interruptions or delivery delays.
- Identify and manage annual cost reduction, inventory reduction and supplier consolidation projects that meet the individual and facility goals.
- Maintain standard work and business processes to manage customer past dues and on-time-delivery in accordance with demand plan, customer orders and internal metrics.
- Create, expedite and maintain STOs (stock transfer orders) to ensure delivery schedules are met. Advise Customer Service of any issues and inform them of any changes to original commitments.
- Coordinate with the Forecasting and Purchasing Teams to validate supply-chain strategies and planning parameters, including vendor stocking programs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required. A current pursuit of a 4-year degree program is acceptable as well.
- Minimum of three years' experience performing purchasing and production functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Please note that relocation benefits are not provided for this role. We are only able to consider candidates local to the Denver area.
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management field from an accredited institution
- Experience with electrical components or mechanical (metals) components
- SAP experience preferred
- Desire CPIM and/or APICS certification
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
We're offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people - redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi - internet connectivity through light - and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world. We're operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.
Salary: Up to $71,000 per year
Bonus: Target of 2.5%-5%
Benefits Overview: Company subsidized benefits plan offerings that include Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental, 401K retirement plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, tuition reimbursement and products discounts. Ability to purchase supplemental benefits that include supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, vision insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, health care flexible spending account and dependent care flexible spending account