We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Working as a AI/ML Research Intern at Signify is dynamic. You will work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge and high-tech impact with the world of lighting. We have over 16,000 patents and invest around 5% of our sales in R&D. We are looking for technical professionals who will take our innovations and help us invent the future of lighting.
This internship iss are a part of Signify' s Research team located in Burlington, MA , which is considered a center of excellence on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning Innovation for Signify. The team works together with the Signify global Research, businesses, and functions on AI/ML.Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving AI/M innovations for systems, new IoT propositions, and innovative apps. You will learn and apply new cutting-edge techniques that will be rewarding for your career. With great freedom to innovate, you will play an active role and grow yourself on AI and ML.
The internship will be for the summer of 2021, between June to August. Dates can be flexible.
What you'll do
- Support in research and development of algorithms to enable new features for the next generations of lighting systems.
- Integrate algorithms into the real end-to-end proposition.
- DEMO results to C-Suite executives and real customers .
- A graduate-level student in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related disciplines
- Strong theoretical foundations in statistical signal processing, machine learning, and optimization theory.
- Expertise in Python and other deep learning platforms such as Keras, TensorFlow, and Pytorch.
- The candidate must be able to work within a team environment and be self-motivated to plan and execute.
- This role could lead to a full time at-will position within Signify
You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by innovating new IoT applications, data, and analytics-enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting business. You will have a great opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact, drive them to business successes, protected by relevant IP. You will conduct end-to-end innovation with the business, markets, and end-customers by leveraging global teams and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will have ample opportunities to partner with world-class universities. You will be encouraged to publish and secure your ideas with patents
What we promise
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife