Lighting Specification Sales Rep - Public Sector /Utility Segment, Northeast
- Washington, DC
Lighting Specification SalesRep - Public SectorSegment, Northeast
**This is a remote work from home role thatcan be based anywhere in the Northeast with preferencefor NYC, DC, Boston,Philadelphia, or Baltimore
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting. We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
Working as a Specification SalesRep- Public Sector Segment at Signify is dynamic. You will be selling award-winning solutions that have received numerous accolades for industry leadership and innovation; you will never face a stagnant or dated portfolio to sell against .
As a Specification Sales Rep for Public Segment, you will push us forward, finding new and different ways to meet our commercial sector customers' needs, formulating strategic ways to bring solutions to market, and achieving ourgrowth goals. You will understand the Professional Trade Lighting channel ecosystem and next-generation users' wishes. You will generate demand for Signify solutions through the Specification Community with Municipal / Utility and Public Segment customers to keep them, and us, ahead of the market.
What you'll do
- Manage funnel growth / demand generation and strategy with Local Agent and Regional Sales Manager related to focus on Public Customer Segment, leveraging strategic market insight tools and intelligence
- Partner with agents to make joint calls with specifiers, developing key relationships, and driving demand top down through product specifications
- Lead Lighting Industry engagements related to specification channel with particular attention to specification community
- Develop, grow, and leverage relationships with key influencers within the Lighting specification community for direct opportunity identification and NPS feedback
- Identify opportunities for "Systems up-sell" and drive alignment on win strategy to achieve success with specification community
- Support Growth and other forecast calls by communicating forward-looking sales funnel health related to financial targets
- Leverage One-Public team for End User relationships
- Maximize Signify mind-share at key specifiers in alignment with Agent
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' of Lighting Sales or Lighting Business Development experience selling to the Public Sector / Utility Segment domain.
- Minimum of 5 years managing a multi -state, regional sales territory.
- Strong understanding of Lighting partner ecosystem and Go to Market models to include: Public and Utility End-Users, Lighting Rep Agents, and Lighting Distribution Channels
- Strong relationship and business development skills to develop and grow relationships with Public Project Specifiers / Public End-User Accounts / Utility Incentive Programs / Energy Technology savvy: Ability to work comfortably with sales tools: (SFDC/any other CRM) to enable disciplined follow-up and tracking.
- Must currently reside within the Northeast Region (New York City to Philadelphia corridor preferred)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Competitive salary and incentive depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Back to top