Lighting application Specialist
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the undisputed leader in the lighting industry. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
You will join the leader in the lighting industry and learn through disruptive challenges. You will be part of a global team, where performance is powered through diversity. Help us shape the future of light in the Internet of Things and work with us on our commitment to achieve a more sustainable future.
Join us and #findyourmeaning at Signify.
We are looking for a Lighting Application Specialist who is passionate to closely partner with the sales teams to deliver best in class functional Lighting Application service. An excellent communicator with a strong customer focus who will ensure compliance with internal and external rules, standards and procedures on all design parameters.
Together we can...
- Independently handling lighting design concepts and detailed design for all segments and prepare Design Reports using lighting and simulation software.
- Translating Lighting Concepts from Architects/Designers and provide Signify solutions.
- Presenting and motivating lighting design and projects to the customer.
- Assesses potential application of company products to meet customer's needs.
- Understands operations & Performance Characteristics & Lighting Technology of Lamps, Dimming & Controls, LED Technology & Application.
- Understands features, benefits of Signify & make TCO calculations. Aware of Key Competitor Products in key Application Segments and make simple analysis.
- Interpret Product Specifications from Customers and propose Signify. Aware of Country Standards for Product Performance/Safety & Lighting Application
- Understands Key Application Segments and Lighting Requirement.
- Understands Optics, Photometry & Lighting Theory.
- Delivers Lighting Application Design in line with Signify Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Understand the bigger picture and supports in achieving Sales targets.
- Collaborates effectively and efficiently with colleagues in different departments.
- A Bachelor's degree in architectural and functional lighting design and engineering.
- 5+ years of proven Lighting and design experience.
- 3+ years of working knowledge in respective design service area in an international B2B & B2C Lighting business environment.
- Proficiency in lighting application techniques; Lighting Application Knowledge.
- Customer centric with ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market & customer needs
- Proven knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCad, Lighting software programs such as Dialux/Dialux EVO and REVIT (Photoshop or graphics software - like Lumion Rendering) & 3D Modelling Like Sketchup
- Fluent communicator in the field of Lighting applications
- Fosters collaboration and strong networks in the lighting community.
- A Lean thinker and with a customer focus.
- Deeply understands and educates others on lighting standards and practice.
- Capable of simplifying ideas for non-lighting specialists.
- Fluency in English
Back to top