We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Working as a Legal Counsel Legal Services at Signify is dynamic. This position of Legal Counsel is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands and is part of the Signify Legal Services group in The Netherlands. Signify Legal Function spans a global network of some 84 professionals operating as one integrated, internal legal department for the worldwide functions, businesses and market organizations of Signify, advising on all legal matters relevant to Signify.
You will be working closely together with colleagues from many parts of Signify, as well as with fellow Signify in-house lawyers, outside counsel, Signify's business partners, third party legal, commercial and technology partners. Signify Legal strongly endorses active participation of its legal professionals in jointly solving the legal challenges Signify faces.
What you'll do
As new Legal Counsel you will provide legal support in predominantly privacy and data protection, legal IT, procurement and potentially some Intellectual Property (IP) and innovation matters and you will continuously be present to provide advice in your field of expertise. You will be dealing with agreements related to purchasing of or outsourcing of IT system and services, software licenses, privacy and security related legal matters and potentially some IP, research and development agreements and other legal matters related to our IT, procurement and innovation activities. You will also contribute to the further enhancements of Signify privacy compliance program as well as monitoring of compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding data privacy and ePrivacy.
What you'll need
- Experience and full qualifications as Legal Counsel with at least 3 years of experience in general contract law, IT law and preferably privacy, IP and/or research and development agreements, gained in private practice or through an in-house position; Demonstrated ability to translate privacy and security regulations and/or practice standards into workable and implementable solutions.
- Comfortable with providing internal trainings and workshops to smaller and larger audiences.
- Proven experience in a multi-national context in drafting and negotiating large contracts and transactions in aforementioned fields.
- Strongly developed business sense and a flexible, service-oriented, way of working and the ability to positively connect with a high variety of people and play a leading role in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and are designed around your preferences:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- A variable bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- 25 Days of holidays and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Back to top