Lead Electrical Engineer, Cooper Lighting Solutions
- Syracuse, NY
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people's lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Lead Electrical Engineer at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You'll be part of the Cooper Sports Lighting division team, designing innovative new products to support our growing business. Relocation assistance will be provided for applicable candidates.
Partner with the Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineering Group, Sourcing and Manufacturing to develop lighting systems and controls that delight our sports and entertainment customers. Making what matters work at Cooper takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
What you'll do
- Own product definition, complete product specifications and lead the entire advanced circuit design cycle while meeting size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability and cost objectives.
- Identify opportunities to utilize connected lighting technologies as part of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Drive implementation of new technologies into product development and innovation of new technologies for future products; protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Actively coordinate PCB layout with the thermal, mechanical, embedded and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Validate electrical designs through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis.
- Resolve quality issues related to components or manufacturing, troubleshoot field-related technical issues and quickly implement product updates.
- Implement ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) to document changes to products.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts and switch mode power supply theory of operation
- Understanding of control systems for lighting products, LED lighting and driver circuitry highly preferred
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, UART, PCIE, SDI, USB, or other communication protocols
- Ability to use basic electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Comprehension of basic IOT theory, specific understanding of BLE and Zigbee radios preferred
- 10+ years of experience in analog/digital circuits preferred
- Experience in writing scripts and automated testing equipment (ATE) code for test automation preferred
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
About Cooper Lighting Solutions
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
What we promise
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Back to top