We're looking for a Key Account Manager-Agribusiness to join Signify's ONCE Business Unit in the Mid-South Region of the United States.
ONCE Inc., a Signify company, the world's leader in lighting, develops creative lighting technology and products for protein-producing agricultural markets. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, ONCE Innovations' mission is to improve the lives of people worldwide by increasing food production yields and the energy efficiency of lighting.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we're constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we're breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Key Account Manager, you'll be responsible for achieving regional sales targets with the desired gross margin in the Mid-South region of the United States.
We're on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you'll do
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on prospective customers in the Mid-South US region.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts in the region.
- Manage sales attack plans and travel expenses for achieving sales numbers and gross margins.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Once management and sales team, distributor sales representatives and key customers to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Maintain close contact with internal operations and customer service to ensure promptness of order processing and delivery of product.
- Assist the marketing team with product positioning for existing and new products.
- Participate in technical seminars and trade shows that promote sales and business opportunities.
- Assist the R&D team with new product ideas based on customer needs and inputs.
- Keep abreast of new developments within the agricultural lighting industry, including sales promotion techniques, economic conditions, application and changes with competitors and their product lines.
- Degree in sales or agribusiness management, animal or poultry science, or related curriculum.
- Minimum of 5 years field or related experience and significant knowledge of commercial protein production. An existing network of contacts is preferable.
- Must be located in one of the following states (Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana or Texas)
- Ability to develop strong relationships and operate with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate and represent the company via various virtual platforms is an absolute must.
- Must have proven ability to prospect, qualify, sell and close accounts in agricultural, livestock and industrial applications.
- Competency with MS Office, including MS Teams, is required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs.
What you'll get in return...
We're offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people - redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi - internet connectivity through light - and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We're operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.