We're looking for a Field Support Quality Engineer to join our Once team which is part of our Agriculture Division in Plymouth, MN.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we're constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we're breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Field Support Quality Engineer, you'll be responsible for timely execution of services that provide the customer with a positive experience both in global facilities, at our vendors and at customer sites.
We're on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you'll do
- Increase field quality performance by driving corrective actions towards development, supply, operations, product management and sales
- Provide expertise on lighting layouts, inquiries, and technical requests .
- Collaborate and connect within our global organization and cross-functionally share best practices and resolve issues.
- Drive complaint resolution to satisfy customers, performing on or off-site root cause analysis and driving preventive action using the 8D approach.
- Provide technical reports on product failures, field service calls, and supplier quality.
- Develop and improve data analysis tools and provide field quality management reports.
- Pro-actively drive continuous improvement and evangelize quality.
- Bachelors' in Engineering or Quality related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Field Services or Quality roles.
- Customer focused and curious to learn to improve processes and products.
- Familiar with the tools and methods used in structured problem solving and quality improvements: i.e. 8D, DAC, DfSS, FMEA, PPAP, Lean and Agile. Greenbelt certification is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of IS09001 and related standards.
- Basic knowledge of product compliancy to regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel between 10-30% with a valid US passport for international travel.
- A practical, solution-oriented mindset based on facts.
- Excellent communication skills along with a positive attitude, and commitment.
- You are a team player who influences and shows integrity and trust across functions.
What you'll get in return...
We're offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people - redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi - internet connectivity through light - and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We're operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.