Embedded Firmware Engineer (LiFi & Security controller)
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're leading the ongoing development of connected lighting systems and services. By leveraging the Internet of Things, we're transforming buildings, urban places, and homes. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
We're hiring a Firmware Engineer LiFi & Security Controller to join our LiFi Venture in Eindhoven, High Tech Campus (NL) to help us meet our ambitious growth targets. You'll work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge - and high-tech - impact.
LED lighting has many advantages over conventional lighting, not only in terms of energy efficiency, lifetime, fine grain controllability of the light but also because the light output of LEDs can be modulated at high speed. Hence, light from LEDs can carry and exchange information. Signify successfully applies this in solutions for indoor positioning, location-based services and personal control of the light settings in offices. LiFi is a further promising communication technique in which data is being transmitted via the light that illumination LEDs emit.
Read more about LiFi here: https://www.signify.com/global/innovation/lifi
What you'll do
We are looking for highly motivated and talented embedded firmware engineers as part of the core engineering group defining LiFi products. As part of this core engineering group, you will be responsible for firmware implementation, validation, planning and design on various LiFi hardware platforms
The ideal candidate will possess a good experience in embedded firmware development based on Linux OS with an emphasis on enterprise networking solutions. He / She will work within a fast-paced collaborating with system architect team and network experts across Signify to implement the new LiFi solutions.
You'll focus on:
- Developing software for embedded consumer and commercial LiFi products
- Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if the program will perform according to the requirements and specifications
- Involvement in the full-cycle product development: software design, prototyping, and preparation for mass production
- Work fully autonomously
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics, or equivalent
- 5+ years programming embedded systems
- Have fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts
- Validated C and C++ coding abilities
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded Linux OS
- Low-level software development experience
- Good understanding of network and security protocols
- Any experience in WiFi/Networking protocol development
- Knowledge in programming Python, Java
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- A variable bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance
- 25 Days of holidays and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount
You put the Customer First by defining and implementing next generation security for our LiFi solutions.
You are Greater Together by collaborating across teams to build on our strengths and diversity, and work towards our shared goal.
You are a Game Changer by innovating. Together we set ourselves apart and continue to lead in the market.
You have a Passion for Results by working smarter and faster to deliver excellence.
What we promise
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees and using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Back to top