Design-in Engineering Intern (Full Time Position: May - Aug 2021)
- Rosemont, IL
We're looking for a Design-in Engineering Intern to join our Research & Development team in Rosemont, IL. This internship could lead to an at-will, full-time position within Signify.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we're constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we're breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
As a Design-in Engineering Intern, you'll be responsible for a ssisting product Design-in Engineers on various design-in projects to help our customers apply our products and meet the target product specifications.
We're on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
What you'll do
- Generate accurate engineering test reports and related documents and present the information, as needed.
- Perform hands-on work with different types of products (drivers, modules, sensors), as part of the design-in activities.
- Create prototypes, test setup and perform data analysis.
- A current engineering student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong fundamental knowledge of electrical and electronics engineering concepts, measurement and instrumentation, and engineering reporting
- Knowledgeable of Power Electronics/LED Lighting products/Lighting Control products
- Familiar with design/development of embedded software, PC and mobile software applications/tools for setup, configuration and/or commissioning of electronics products and systems
- Capable of supporting rapid prototyping of concepts and product demonstrations for customers
- Proficient in MS Office and an excellent communicator who is highly organized, a quick learner, and can handle multiple projects with minimal supervision
What you'll get in return...
We're offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Who we are
Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people - redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi - internet connectivity through light - and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
We're operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.
Back to top