Zone Technology Supervisor – Fire & Life Safety – Atlantic Zone
- Norfolk, VA
Zone Technology Supervisor - Fire & Life Safety - Atlantic Zone
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical capability and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In this multifaceted role, you will plan and prioritize the activities of a team of engineers in an area of specialization. You will lead the timely delivery of accurate configuration and connection details within the project budgets.
This role must be located within the Atlantic Zone. Preferred Locations: Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD
Click here - Smart Infrastructure Video
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects.
- Ensures schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
- Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, bill of material creation, material re-estimation, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and scheduling.
- Promotes, and ensures implementation of engineering productivity tools and practices.
- Actively coordinates engineering priorities with the Project Managers to staff in order to deliver on time completion of engineering submittals.
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements and provides monthly forecast.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions and Service projects.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Leads all activities on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Fire & Life Safety Engineering or Project Management
- 3+ Years of Supervisory Experience
- NICET Level 2 or higher
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Validated understanding of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top