Warehouse Shipping and Materials Support Specialist
- Hoffman Estates, IL
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Material Handling Operator.
This position will report to shipping manager. Strong experience in shipping and receiving as well as operating a forklift is desired. Additionally, duties will include loading / unloading trucks, banding, skidding, stretch-wrapping pallets, labeling, utilizing Fed Ex, UPS as well as other forms of transportation for domestic as well as export of packages. In this role you will determine best shipping method based on established routing guide as well as customer requirements. To be successful in this role you must have experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel& Word). Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
• Preparation of daily LTL shipment to spare parts depot
• Prepare HazMat shipments
• Scan daily shipment reports to distribution list via e-mail
• Prepare daily shipment of small packages for domestic / international shipment
• Prepare shipping labels
• Scan documents containing shipping information to group responsible for export documentation
• Ensure proper packaging of shipments based on method of transport
• Utilize Fed Ex and UPS world ship for small package shipments
• Prepare RMA items for shipment
• Determine proper packaging for items (crate, skid, box, dunnage / filler)
• Responsible for staying up to date with training associated with shipping and hazardous materials
• Setup shipments with local carries for vendor/supplier needs and returns
• Order crates and packaging supplies from Clarke
• Loading of trucks for live load shipments
• Flexibility to stay late if carriers do not show up on time
• Potentially work in stock room / receiving as the workload dictates
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Materials Management certification
• Two years of experience in shipping /receiving
• Minimum travel may be required for this position
• Experienced forklift driver
• Ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Two-year degree
• APICS certification
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word)
• Experience with FedEx, UPS and DHL
• Experience with freight forwarders and international shipments
• Experience with HazMat shipments / certification
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top