Virtualization Infrastructure Architect (f/m/d) HCI
- Erlangen, Germany
Location: Global, Munich, Erlangen, Barcelona, Praha, Paris or Budapest etc
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Join us in our mission to revolutionize the automation landscape. The automation solutions of Digital Industries shape the world around us - from the production of your next car to your mobile phone, our products can be found everywhere.
Who are we?
We are "Edge Appliance", a newly formed startup within Siemens, striving to bring hyper-converged systems and IT data center efficiency to the shop floor.
We built on our principles
- Team empowerment - drive decisions by ourselves with the best value for our customers
- Reflective improvement - continuously check if we can do better
- Supportive culture - open culture of failure with everyone working to achieve our goals
Combined with our dedication and personal involvement we are more than just a team of employees. We are the creators of our own business.
The gap, we need you for:
- You share your deep knowledge in the components (e.g. KVM, OpenVSwitch, ceph) of hyper-converged infrastructures (HCI)
- You are not only familiar how to use the IaaS but how to build it
- You think differently to combine your wide experience in IT technologies with our automation knowledge into disruptive products
- You drive and guide the specification and implementation of the HCI software architecture
- You manage architecturally relevant stakeholders on different levels up to the management within and outside Siemens
- You take responsibility for architectural governance incl. survey and analysis of architectural metrics
- You work self-sufficiently in a cross-functional team incl. coordination with system architects, other teams and first-time users
What we are looking for:
- You live ownership culture and end-to-end responsibility with strong quality awareness
- You have longstanding experience in HCI and virtualization architectures (e.g. OpenStack, RHEV) or equivalent
- You have solid and proven experience in designing the base of cloud infrastructures and defining the architecture
- You are the perfect fit if you are looking forward to applying your profound knowledge about IT design principles and patterns as well as programming techniques
- You enjoy discussing and driving your ideas and designs with your team and management based on excellent interpersonal skills
- You are hungry to explore the unknown and eager to tackle new challenges
- You live and drive agile software development
- You speak and write English fluently, German knowledge is an advantage
https://new.siemens.com/ - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities .
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top