Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Mentor became Siemens EDA and is part of Siemens Digital Industries. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
Join our team as "UX / User Experience Engineer (m/f/d)" from our office in Katowice, or any other location within Poland.
The User Experience Engineer is responsible for working with the Product Owner and our Customer to extract features that will meet user needs and improve business results. You will wear many UX hats and be asked to develop a variety of UX deliverables from designing Customer Journeys to Hands-on in UX Delivery: User Research, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability Reviews, Heuristics, Expert Reviews, Usability Testing. Manage small-mid-large UX Design projects, defining UX Strategy and contribute to product roadmaps. Have a strong PoV on Interaction Design, Visual Design, Creative Visualization and Responsive Design.
You'll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Work with a cross functional team using Agile methodology to define user stories and necessary UX deliverables as part of sprint planning with the scrum project team you are assigned
- Advocate for the user's needs and collaborate with the Product Owner to develop features that align to the needs of the user
- Turn requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces for the end user
- Analyze and resolve UI design alternatives and issues
- Prepare UX documentation (navigational flows, wire frames, mock-ups, use cases, task flows prototypes, etc.) to be used by the development team
- Collect and action UX feedback from customers/end users and manage changes to UX deliverables throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure UX documentation is continuously updated and distributed to the production team
- Keep up to date in the field by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, joining professional groups and reading relevant research
- Promote importance of user-centered activities and influence stakeholders to insure execution
What do you need to realize what matters?
- Background in user experience and/or human factors and interaction design and experience with complex Enterprise software products
- Degree in human computer interaction, human factors engineering, computer science, visual design, interaction design, library sciences or other related discipline required
- Strong portfolio or work samples demonstrating user-centered design experience in the industry or as part of degree curriculum
- Experience designing Web or Cloud applications
- Experience with user behavior analytics tools (Hotjar, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Practical experience working in project-intensive operational environments
- Experience rapidly iterating designs to align to sprint timetables
- Knowledge and proficiency within industry standard UX software including: Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, OmniGraffle and DreamWeaver
- Passionate about producing high-quality and engaging UX deliverables
- Experience with research methods that lend themselves to an agile environment
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Willingness to travel
- Form effective trust-based relationships with program stakeholders
- Attract, build and retain the talent required to operate a high-performance team, nurture team capabilities and development
- Serve as UX representative of the group's interests in meetings and discussions
Preferred Qualifications - not a "must have"
- Experience with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Lean and/or Agile development approaches
- Experience creating prototypes using UX tools such as Axure, HTML, CSS
- Understanding and experience with HTML and CSS
- Industry domain expertise in at least one discipline relevant to the Mentor product suite
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
- Extra paid vacation days
- Work on the large PLM & MOM implementations for the customers around Europe
- Comprehensive training in Siemens PLM & MOM software products family
- Access to newest IT technology and global PLM & MOM experts for consultancy
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
- Support with relocation (candidate outside of Katowice)
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Come and learn more about Siemens Software: Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage .
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities . At Siemens, we believe people who've had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time