UK or Germany: Intern - Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Medical Devices | Immediate start
- London, United Kingdom
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Discover Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a multifaceted and motivated intern to join us now, on a part-time basis for a period of 12 months on the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ business line and assist in efforts for the Medical Devices Industry anywhere within the UK or Germany.
The main responsibilities of this position are split between business development, solution creation and collateral development. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a wide range of Partners and Simulation & Test Teams and you will have the opportunity to visit with and present to customers in the Medical Devices Industry.
We are an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence. If you are forward-thinking with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software, join us and apply now!
Key Responsibilities and essential functions:
- Assist in business development by conducting market analysis, customer value creation and value capture.
- Train the sales team on the value of modeling and simulation in the Medical Devices Industry.
- Create examples, benchmarks and validations. This will convert the capabilities of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ into complete applications and solutions to address the current and future challenges in industry.
- Create, review and edit technical pre-sales and sales presentations, articles, blogs, customer success stories, case studies and social media posts.
- Develop a network with academic groups and start-ups working in medical device research
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- Actively pursuing a MS or other advanced degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical or related subject areas).
- Experience using numerical simulation for solving industrial or research problems in the Medical Devices Industry
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills
- Knowledge of and experience with applying principles of physics and computational solutions (CFD, DEM, structural mechanics, system simulation) for medical devices, instruments or similar healthcare applications
- Knowledge of Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a plus
We proud ourselves of having created a flat organizational structure, work on exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and provide exciting career prospects.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time
Back to top