UI / UX Designer (m/f/d)
- Frankfurt, Germany
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization - from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO - to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we're reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It's no surprise that we're a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we're proud of what we've accomplished...and...we're humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and therefore we're looking to grow our team in Germany. If you constantly strive for perfection, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you!
We are adding to our team and are looking for a UI/UX Designer (m/f/d). Do you have a creative, innovative, and inspiring personality with phenomenal empathy and strong passion for design to deliver the best user experience and bespoke apps? Are you a true great teammate who is eager to roll up your sleeves and get the job done as part of an outstanding and hardworking team of Experts? If so, come and join our awesome team!
You will help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Bringing UX skills and product expertise to our largest and most strategic customers and advise and guide them how to improve UX in their application portfolio and organization.
- Translating business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting into visually attractive, efficient and intuitive (mobile) user applications.
- Communicating those designs to customers as well as your development team, not only sharing the results but also on why your designs came to be as they are.
- Enabling our partners and customers by integrating UX in an Agile environment using product canvas, user journeys, mock-ups and great looking applications for our customers and prospect.
- Encouraging and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and standard methodologies.
- Working on multiple exciting agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
You are the innovator we need if you have:
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design or graphical design
- 3-7 years of work experience as a UX designer, ideally within an Agile environment.
- Experience in crafting mobile friendly websites and web based applications.
- Demonstrated experience building UX output such as wireframes, design mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides.
- Experienced knowledge of standard methodologies in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to sophisticated business applications.
- A solid understanding of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap with shown Photoshop or Illustrator experience.
- Comfort level with up to 20% national travel
- Proficient communication both in English and German is a must
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our "MendixBlue" guiding principles. Being "MendixBlue" means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It's kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first . Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always...you belong here.
We think big . We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term...you belong here.
We innovate . We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask "what if?" and work to find a way or make one...you belong here.
We nurture talent . We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you're up for learning from your failures...you belong here.
We hear every voice . Inflated egos don't last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win - regardless of who they come from...you belong here.
We own it . If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done...you belong here.
We have fun . We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we're happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do...you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you'll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company's existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we're backed by the resources and stability of one of the world's largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That's why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top