- Chippenham, United Kingdom
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Discover Siemens Digital Industries Software !
Siemens is seeking a hardworking Software Test Engineer to join the team responsible for developing the Opcenter APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) line of software products. Our products are world renowned, used across a wide variety of industry segments and are a leader in their field. This a phenomenal opportunity to work in a small, friendly multi-skilled team environment.
In this role you will use your test experience to further improve the quality and delivery of our products, across the full release cycle. We are looking for an individual who pays good attention to detail, is logical and has an analytical mind-set, with strong problem-solving skills.
As part of an agile team, you will work with industry standard tools and technologies to deliver the next generation of world class APS solutions for both the desktop and the cloud, improving existing techniques to solve planning and scheduling problems, but also contributing to the research effort for adoption of emerging technologies.
What are my responsibilities?
- Test the implementation of new features, enhancements or bug fixes
- Systems, integration and regression testing, prior to release and on a continuous basis
- Test functionality, performance, reliability and stability
- Create and improve automated UI and API tests
- Design, plan and execute manual and automated tests
- Bug tracking and reporting
- Document all tests carried out
- Liaise with the development team when required to help resolve any failed tests
- Knowledge of test automation tools, preferably Ranorex
- Background in manual and automated testing
- Experience designing and developing automated tests in C#
- Experience with source control solutions, preferably Subversion and Git
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the principles of software engineering, and integration and test
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work, ability to use your own initiative
- ISEB / ISTQB preferred
- SQL experience
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
We offer a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top