- Maple Valley, WA
As a Technical Writer for ultrasound products, participate in all phases of user documentation development: from design to content development (editing and review, desktop publishing, QA of completed documentation), engineering release, and document archival. This includes but is not limited to the following assignments:
- Develop user manuals and other information products about our ultrasound hardware and software for our medical users.
- Follow standard technical writing development for translation and adhere to regulatory and product design requirements.
- Represent Technical Communications in project core teams for projects as assigned.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of productivity improvements for content development, desktop publishing, and documentation management.
- Participate in the analysis and discussion of strategies for designing effective product communication/publications.
- Create and/or update work instructions as needed to document and improve processes.
- Seek opportunities to implement process improvements.
- Manage and/or support the activities required to complete the hand-off from Technical Communications to the Engineering change order process.
- Manage and/or support the activities required to manage the tracking and archival of completed documentation.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in technical writing
- 2 to 5 years of experience writing, editing, reviewing, and collaborating in the development of user manuals in a team environment for hardware and software products
- Experience with creating external customer content for user manuals...experience with medical devices is a plus!
- Keen eye for details
- Self-starter with excellent research skills
- Stellar communication skills
- Proficient with Word 365
- Life learner
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top