Technical Support Specialist - Smart Buildings / Automation, Fire & Life Safety and Security Systems
- Irving, TX
Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Our Smart Buildings help t o create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments - and so, we are creating perfect places. We're looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World's Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure
What you will do for Smart Infrastructure:
Join our team as a Remote Technical Support Specialist experienced in Building Automation, Fire Alarm & Security Systems for the Irving, TX Building Automation Customer Support Center. Hours will be during second shift, within the hours of 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, and will include weekend days. Overtime paid for hours worked in excess of 40 hours, weekly. This position is ideal for experienced Field Service individuals who seek an office environment.
- Monitor product performance
- Mentor and develop skills needed for growth of department for the non-technical support staff
- Provide support to all local offices both during normal business hours
- Act as the main point of contact for all afterhours support calls
- Strong customer service relationship building
- Superb communication skills needed in acquiring the vital information to aid internal & external clients
- Provide remote on-line technical support services on Siemens proprietary products such as Desigo CC and Apogee Insight using various connection methodologies
- Respond to critical remote building alarms per designated customer action plans and take corrective actions where required
- Provide customer operator coaching on any communication requests that may be encountered
- 3-5 years field experience with installing and/or servicing Building Automation & Integrated Systems with a solid background in Siemens Integration Systems, Building Automation Control Systems, networking, and energy management
- 3 years of experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response in a related or technical industry required
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC system mechanics and temperature controls
- Basic knowledge of Fire Protection & Security Alarm systems
- Detail oriented in documentation and process steps
- High school diploma, state recognized GED or high school proficiency exam.
- Strong customer satisfaction and service focus, with good organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, PC and business software systems (i.e. SAP), and telephone call handling. Ability to work during times of high call processing activity and time constraint demands.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Associate's degree in Electronics or similar technical field
- Technical trade institute education and/or Military Training
- Strong Computer Skills
- Bilingual (Spanish or French)
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
#LI-POST Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top