Technical Project Manager for TrainIT
- Prague, Czech Republic
Have you ever travelled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has an internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stop?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object-oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
Our system is called RDA and it comes with custom hardware suitable for running in more harsh conditions of the train (where it sometimes gets cold, wet and bumpy on the rails). RDA also comes with set of applications like CCTV, passenger counting, passenger information, integration with train control systems (imagine CAN bus in cars, but for train).
We are looking for a technical project manager who would help our Train IT team with communication to our customers and organization. If you have strong technical background, have experience with leading a small team and want to develop your organization and communication skills, please, read on.
- Act as an Interface between the team (8 members) and its customers.
- Take responsibility for implementation and integration of Train IT subsystems along the development lifecycle of a train project.
- Define functional concepts, use cases, and system requirements based on customer requirements.
- Manage team capacity and obligations of the team.
- Manage backlog of the team, expectations of stakeholders and project budget.
- Optimize workflows in the team and team's communication.
- Collaborate with the team on choosing correct technical approach for projects at hand.
- Collaborate with team architect on improving state of technical practices and tools, challenge the team to grow its capabilities and improve its service to customers.
- On occasions act as project lead in case a customer doesn't have this capability on his side.
- You have experience with leading a small technical team.
- You like organization and communication to the same degree as working with technology.
- You have programming background in object-oriented languages (ideally C++, but Java, C# is also ok).
- You like Linux systems and you have good understanding on how they work.
- You should be able to build your domain knowledge of train systems specifics and understand what team is doing.
- You understand configuration management, build automation. You can support the team in building its technical toolchain by balancing it with project delivery topics.
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- It will be a plus if you know train business specifics.
- Singing bonus 50,000 CZK
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top