Tech Lead Engineer for Traffic Management Systems - Brno
- Brno, Czech Republic
Our work and its results
Our everyday life at Siemens Mobility is all about cars, intersections, smart cities, and artificial intelligence. We develop solutions for traffic control for the new generation of intelligent towns and cities. Our activities have a direct impact on the quality of life in Brno. Every day, we affect the mobility of hundreds of thousands of passengers. We are not happy about the current situation, which is why we keep working on innovations: Brno is becoming a laboratory for autonomous traffic control, and our systems are currently tested at several intersections in the city.
What does your future team look like?
Our team comprises about 25 developers, testers, and traffic engineers. We hold to the agile way of working (scrum/kanban). We daily learn the product domain (transport and traffic systems) together with our traffic engineers. We focus on the transition from on-premises solutions to the cloud, micro-service architecture, automated testing, and UX. Besides industrial standards, we are not bound by any other requirements. That is why we have a free hand in how we develop. We travel to see our colleagues in Bavaria and taste good beer several times a year.
What do you need to become a part of our team?
- Good knowledge of microservice development (REST, ActiveMQ, gRPC, GO)
- You can communicate in English (calls, emails, work inputs and outputs are in English).
- In addition, you will also encounter AWS, Gitlab, Artifactory, Web security, and we use CI/CD principles
- To develop supervision systems for the monitoring and management of cities
- To follow the latest trends and to apply them in our work and improve our product
- To learn, to experiment, to come up with ideas, and to not be afraid to ask for help
- direct colleagues around you and have a technical/architectural overview
- To accelerate the deployment of smart traffic systems into everyday life
- To collaborate with developers and testers at our R&D centres in Brno, Munich, Berlin, and Pune
- A hiring bonus of CZK 100,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace close to the center of Brno on Škrobárenská Street
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- contributions towards pension and life insurance
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top