System Engineering Manager ML & FP
- Tres Cantos, Spain
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of System Engineering Management ML&FP, this role participates the complete project life cycle System engineering for ML & FP projects. Starting with the system concept up to the final validation of the system requirements of the project, by developing a detailed system requirement specification and its assignment to the different subsystems and its interfaces.
Is it of upmost importance its contribution to the System and product strategy as System engineering is the technical authority of all the projects and has the perfect view if customer needs and requirements as well as market tendencies and lessons learned from existing projects.
Main Tasks & Responsabilities:
- Perform the role of System Manager in Project.
- Drive the System engineering for ML & FP projects and therefore give the necessary support to the other areas of the engineering department.
- When necessary, coordinate a team of System Engineers to define appropiate Technical Solutions.
- Global & System Requirement analysis and is assignment to the appropriate subsystem.
- Creation/Maintain of an URS (User Requirement Specification) to R&D with the Gaps of the existing system to be applied against project requirements.
- Creation/Maintain of an ML&FP URS to the Generic Interlocking Templates for Westrace MK2.
- Collaborate together with Sales
- Collaborate together with Sales and R&D in the Global product strategy of the different ML& FP signaling systems used in Mobility
- Provide support to the Specific Sytem Integration team.
- As part of the system engineering of the Engineering department to support and be involved in all the strategic initiatives of the System Engineering area, and Engineering department when required.
- Experience in a Rail Signaling business
- Knowledge in Signalling Systems for ML segment
- Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation.
- Deep knowledge in CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
- Desirable experience in Product and System Development.
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Desiderable experience in System Integration
- +6 years experience as System manager or equivalent
- +6 years experience leading engineering or R&D teams
- Experience in international projects and experience in dealing with HQ.
- English and Spanish fluent
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Rail Automation S.A.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top