System Engineer - multibody dynamics
- Prague, Czech Republic
At Siemens Mobility Engineering in the Czech Republic, we develop modern rolling stock in collaboration with our colleagues from abroad. We focus both on the overall layout as well as on designing sub-systems and cross-sectional characteristics. We create innovative products in the urban- (Avenio trams, Inspiro metro, etc.) and rail-transport (regional units, high-speed units) areas. We are moving the limits of technology further and are setting new trends. By creating non-energy-demanding, zero-emission transport systems, we help the Czech Republic, the EU, and the world meet targets in energy, climate, and the environment.
We don't consider the application of new technologies a goal, but rather a tool to achieve our goal of having the highest vehicle utility value. It, of course, includes a high level of passenger safety and comfort. We don't look at the individual components on their own, but instead see a vehicle as a comprehensive system that meets the most demanding requirements for 21st-century vehicles.
We invite you to join our team and participate in this fascinating, beneficial, and promising work. Come to us and become a system engineer specialising in the integration of bogies and drives!
What awaits you in your position?
- As a systems integrator, you will participate in ensuring passenger safety and comfort.
- Compiling specifications/definitions for the functionality requirements of drive components and the bogie-drive system interface
- With the help of multi-points and dynamic simulations, you will optimise the bogie and drive from the perspective of the system as a whole.
- Together with other expert departments (e.g. those whose focus is on articulated cars, cabling, etc.), you will collaborate on defining appropriate interfaces for the bogie-drive system.
- Support of approving vehicles in the areas related to bogies and drives
- Planning of appropriate type tests - bogies and drives, including collaboration with approval authorities
- Compiling testing specifications and supporting testing
- Planning your work and assigned tasks according to the required deadline and costs, including controlling of the entrusted budget
- Reporting and presentation of results to the management of projects and Engineering
- University degree in a technical field, ideally in engineering
- Experience with systems engineering/systems theory
- Experience with multi-points and dynamic simulations (Simpack, Adams) in the rail-technology or automotive area
- Elementary programming in C/C++, etc., knowledge of the Matlab tool
- Excellent knowledge of English or German (even elementary German with excellent English is a significant plus)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, analytical thinking
- Elementary project management (planning assigned tasks as to costs and deadlines) is a plus
- Experience with interacting subsystems in the area of rolling stock, ideally with the bogie, is a plus
- Knowledge of rail standards, e.g. EN 14363 and EN 12299, is a plus
- A hiring bonus of CZK 50,000
- Making a personal contribution to the creation of innovative types of vehicles in a team of knowledgeable creators
- Responsibility for the comfort and safety of passengers in our vehicles
- International projects and environment
- Everyday use of a foreign language and business trips abroad
- A friendly team of enthusiasts for vehicles and joint leisure-time activities
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague / in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží.
Send us your curriculum vitae, stop by for coffee and discover the secrets of transporting the future with us! :)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top