System Engineer for Rolling Stock Reliability (RAM/LCC)
- Ostrava, Czech Republic
What do we do at Siemens Mobility Engineering?
We have about 350 colleagues in the Czech Republic. Together we develop innovative products for the rolling stock. In addition, we work on global projects, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
If sustainable transport and the related state-of-the-art solutions resonate with you, you're the one we're looking for! 🚅♻😉
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What will be the benefits provided by your role?
The main aspects of our rolling stock development clearly include high reliability and low lifecycle costs. That is why Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) and Life Cycle Costs (LCC) are essential cross-sectional characteristics that need to be created and ensured in a qualified way. In addition, extensive data sets from vehicles' operations (Big Data) that we have available and use are a powerful tool to achieve our targets.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Analysing operational reliability and service availability (RAM) of the rolling stock and its subsystems
- Assessing and analysing lifecycle costs(LCC)
- Supporting and coordinating RAM/LCC activities in the rolling stock development
- Analysing operational data
- A university degree in the field of traffic engineering, engineering or electronics
- Expertise in the calculations of operational efficiency (availability) of technical equipment and lifecycle cost calculations
- Experience with FMEA, FTA, LCC analyses or preparation of maintenance plans
- Czech for daily communication
- German for daily communication / or English for everyday communication and fundamentals of German
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague / in the center of Pilsen on Anglické nábřeží / in Ostrava on 28. října Street.
Don't you have your CV, or do you want to know more? 🙋♀️🙋♂So, please contact me at 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org or here: www.linkedin.com/in/janaholasova , where I share more information about our current projects and events 🌍🚅🍀. I'll be happy to add you to my contact network, also for any future cooperation! 😉
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top