Strategic Student Program Marketing and Data Analytics Internship (MKTG - Wilsonville, SISW-PLM)
- Lake Oswego, OR
Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software Inc !
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation- helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we're recruiting for our Fall 2020 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in Strategic Pricing and Data Analytics. More information on our specific roles are included in this document.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work from Wilsonville, OR without relocation assistance (this position will be offered remotely if offices are closed in the fall)
- Able to work on a part-time basis during the Fall 2020 semester or quarter (roughly August or September through December)
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full-time internship summer 2021, and/or for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Strategic Business Models and Pricing
Pricing Analyst Co-op
The Pricing Analyst intern will assist the Business Models and Pricing team, to execute the Product Pricing requests made by internal business clients. Work will include all aspects of analyzing new product offerings including but not limited to, pricing and analysis of current product offerings utilizing Pricing Analyst module of Vendavo pricing system. The intern should have a solid understanding of data analysis, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. You will champion projects that allow you to:
• Build, publish, and edit Product Analysis assets
• Work in online pricing applications and systems to manage data
• Create and edit emails, forms and other online assets with direct guidance
• Experience Light Database management
• GPA of a 3.0 or higher
• Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
• Has completed or currently enrolled in classes related to finance, marketing, communications, or related fields
• Major in Finance / Communications / English preferred
• Strong, polished oral and written communications skills
• Basic understanding and working experience with Microsoft Office tools
• HTML knowledge and experience a plus
Data Analytics and Machine Learning Intern
Global Marketing is an organization within Siemens Digital Industries Software responsible for developing outbound marketing and analytics programs, and is seeking an intern passionate about big data and machine learning technologies.
The Global Marketing team creates rich content materials for our existing and potential customers and conducts marketing analytics. We are a leading global software company dedicated to helping innovative manufacturers world-wide design, manufacture and deploy innovative products faster! With the resources of a global organization and the energy of a start-up company, we have fun together while delivering innovative emerging marketing services that improve our customers experience and Siemens marketing operational efficiency.
As an analytics intern in the Global Marketing Data Analytics team you will:
- • Meet with Marketing Data Analytics Team internal customers to understand their use cases for analysis and machine learning models to improve our operational effectiveness and drive improved results
- • Acquire data from both cloud and on-premise data stores and transform into engineered data sets for analysis and machine learning training
- • Use data visualization and statistical analysis tools to profile and derive insights from the data
- • Use Python and Automated Machine Learning software tools to build, validate, and deploy predictive models
- • Communicate insights and machine learning results to Marketing business leaders and stakeholders
- • Studying for a degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields
- • Strong general coding capabilities - Python experience using pandas and scikit-learn preferred
- • Practical hands-on experience with one or more Machine Learning algorithms - Gradient Boosted Trees, Natural Language Processing, Neural Networks
- • Proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- • "Data Wrangling" experience - acquiring and transforming data from multiple soures into analytics-ready data sets
- • Experience with Data Visualization software - Tableau, Power BI, or similar
- • Passionate about participating in a collaborative mentorship program
- • Sharp and tenacious trouble shooting skills
- • Exceptional analytical, investigative, and communication skills
- • Dependable and detail-oriented
- • Excellent team collaboration skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top