Strategic Student Program Competitive Analytics Intern (MKTG, SISW-PLM)
Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens IndustrySoftware!
We are a leading global softwarecompany dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling andsimulation- helping innovative global manufacturers design better products,faster! With the resources of a large company,and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating aworld class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomesfresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and ourcustomers can achieve their full potential.
We're currently recruiting students for our Summer 2020 Strategic StudentProgram. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that mostinspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems,and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our studentsto become the next leaders of our company.
Wehave positions available in software development, user experience, datamanagement, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research &design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in thisdocument.
• Currently enrolled as a university undergraduatestudent
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Able to work from our Cypress, CA office location without relocation assistance during summer 2020
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customersites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Potentialfor full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Competitive Analytics Intern
We are seekinga motivated student who has a strong interest in mergers and acquisitions,software business and portfolio management. You will get the opportunity to:
- Assist M&A Planning senior leader inspecific "search" or an "action" field using following resources: internet,Analyst reports, Competitive analyses, Technology analysis, Annual reports,Conference proceeding etc.
- Bring Digitalization and processimprovement to Portfolio Management leveraging Mendix Rapid ApplicationDevelopment platform and Agile methodologies
- Provide a comprehensive and detailedoverview on competitors, their strategy along different segments and comparetheir product offering with ours.
- Use the insights to provide a portfoliocomparison among major competitors along different segment and create insightsfor our Portfolio Planning and Dealbook
- Propose key business hypotheses from theresearch including proof points
- Provide traceability in the analyses tothe source data, daily review of progress, commitment not to share data outsidethe Siemens PLM Software work environment.
- Currently enrolled in a universitypursuing an engineering program with a minor in computer science, engineering,mathematics, statistics or a related field
- Analytical problem solving and criticalthinking
- Web-based data mining and analytics
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies andRapid Application Development
- Excellent communication and presentationskills
- Autonomous and self-motivated workingstyle
- Python, R, Perl, Java, C++, API is aplus
- Hadoop, SOLR, Mahout, HBase, Hive, Stormis a plus
- Eagerness to learn P&L and IncomeStatements as applicable to Software business
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top