Staff Manufacturing Engineer
- Alcoa, TN
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Crystal Growth Facility fabricates crystal scintillators for use in PET imaging systems. Processes include growth of the crystal from raw materials, cutting of the crystal into pixels, and light testing of the pixels for the purpose of categorization by light output.
We are looking for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer to join the team who will work with a cross-functional team throughout the plant, supporting and improving processes to fabricate the classified crystal.
You will report to the director of the plant and take project responsibility as assigned.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Manufacturing Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Manufacturing Engineer , you will be responsible for :
- Investigation of process defects and driving down defect rate
- Leading cross-functional teams to improve processes or implement new products
- Designing machines / jigs / tooling using computer-aided design software applications such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Create and/or modify production documentation (MPI's, etc.) and support the engineering change process to implement
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Ability to use Solidworks and 2D CAD
- Manufacturing process improvement
- TIE / Lean concepts
- Cost justification analysis
- Team Coordination
- Project Management
- Strategy Development
- Capital Project Planning & Estimation
- Control Plan Development
- Statistical Process Control
- Data Compilation & Analysis
- Automation Concepts
- Quality System Compliance
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, listening, oral and written
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time
- Familiar with common metals fabrication and finishing processes
- Prioritize, track and process multiple projects at the same time
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with SAP and Solidworks
- Experience in medical product manufacturing
- Experienced with GD&T, stackup analysis
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers .
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about .
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top