Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Maple Valley, WA
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
You will be responsible for leading the development of ultrasound software subsystems. The work involves all phases of software development lifecycle: requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and sustaining. You'll also be collaborating with local and remote Software and Test engineers to support integration and deployment on diagnostic ultrasound systems.
- Own, design, develop and govern the software design and architecture of multiple major software subsystems to support the overall product line architecture of Siemens' diagnostic ultrasound systems
- Understand the business goals and trace to architectural solutions and designs
- Own, define and develop the test strategy and testability for software solutions
- Implements and governs the SW design and architecture across the organization and creates the needed processes and infrastructure (including updates of coding guidelines, review process, tools, build environment etc.)
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to local and remote software and test teams on components design and feature development.
- Co-ordinate progress, solutions, implementations across all software development sites on selected projects and subsystems
- Supports release trains with DFMEA and architectural reviews and development
- Defines and develops where needed the necessary tools and infrastructure to allow parallel progression of different release trains
- Conducts or oversees prototyping activities that are critical for a scalable architecture that can address future needs
- Perform technology and risk assessments and guide the rollout of new technologies to products
- Bachelors and or masters' in a Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent field of Engineering
- 12 + years of experience in designing and implementing complex software systems, preferably in Medical Imaging or mission critical devices.
- Strong coding skills. 10 + years of hands-on experience with C++ and C#
- Highly skilled at applying UML for modeling and documenting SW architecture
- Experience with designing large SW systems, which includes decomposing software into subsystems / components and defining major structural and functional interfaces with knowledge of best practices.
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and technical leadership of large teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with regulatory (FDA) process requirements in architecture
- Ability to innovate and drive changes
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top