Sr. Software Engineer - Robotic Controls
- Boston, MA
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Senior Software Engineer, Controls, position will be a part of the development team for next generation product and capabilities focused on robotic control system. The candidate should have demonstrated experience in the design and development of real-time software controls systems. Ideal candidates will include those who have designed and implemented real-time control software and communication interfaces for a medical robotics technology platform. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines, product management and clinicians.
- Architect, design and implement industry leading software using software development best practices, including continuous software testing.
- Key team player in driving designs through development phases to product release.
- Model and simulate new design concepts.
- Provide and maintain domain expertise of relevant software technologies and products.
- Utilize state-of-the-art software tools and processes to advance business goals.
- Generate software requirements documents, design specifications, and software test protocols.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or other related technical area required
- 7 years of experience in real-time software development is required
- Strong C, C++ skills required
- Proven analytical skills with robotic control algorithm development, implementation, and debugging experience required
- Demonstrated skills in Object-Oriented Design and Analysis, with the use of UML required
- Experience with model-based development using MathWorks® toolchain such as, MATLAB®, Simulink®, and automatic code generation required
- Experience with verification methodology such as HIL, and Simulink Test preferred
- Experience with RTOS, such as QNX or WindRiver preferred
- Experience with distributed control systems and fieldbus communication protocols preferred
- Experience with multi-core software deployment preferred
- Experience with hard real-time, high availability systems preferred
- Experience developing medical devices within FDA, ISO, and IEC requirements and guidelines including risk analysis and quality assurance preferred
- Strong communication skills preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top