Sr. Quality Engineer, Reliability
- Maple Valley, WA
The successful candidate will apply sound engineering principles with strong business acumen to lead of Cost of Quality Continuous Improvement of warranty reliability performance. As the Business Area global management representative, partner with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Failure Analysis Labs and Engineering teams utilizing advanced reliability data analysis and engineering methods of field and failure data to develop KPIs and identify and recommend cost savings initiatives. Partner with project management to ensure completion of warranty projects to meet project objectives. Ensure effectiveness of processes and methods to resolve warranty issues with supply chain and logistics partners.
Support global factory quality initiatives by Appling Healthineers Performance System (HPS) methodology such as Value Stream Mapping, Agile Visual Management, Structured Problem Solving and coaching to lead or facilitate teams to achieve breakthrough Cost of Quality performance.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment are critical for success in this position.
- Interface with the Global Healthineers Warranty Management team on overall warranty management goals and objectives, methodologies, tools, and reporting.
- Analyze and report Warranty field COQ trends against KPIs.
- Coordinate with service, engineering and supply chain in the identification and resolution of specific component and supplier-based warranty and field reliability improvement opportunities.
- Perform reliability analysis (MTBF, availability, Bx, warranty) of field and root cause data.
- Optimize warranty and service costs by developing and recommending reliability targets to design teams.
- Chair COQ engineering meetings to meet project milestones and objectives
- Drive continuous improvement in data management and business processes to increase visibility and timeliness of the Voice of the Customer.
- Business Area Non-Conformance Cost and Warranty Management process owner
- B.S. or MS in Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering; minimum 5 years-experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes of electronic components (PCBA) and associated failure mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art reliability assessments and improvement methods.
- Strong experience with stage-gate development processes, leading technical tasks such as design changes, CAPA, FMEA, Six-Sigma and DfR methods
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and models required to analyze data and estimate product lifecycle performance.
- Must possess leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring skills through proven experience.
- Medical device industry experience preferred.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills of complex concepts.
- MS Office, SAP, Reliasoft, Minitab, R, data analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top