This role can reside anywhere in the continental US and may require extensive travel
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a Senior Consultant in Advanced Analytics with a focus on data science, you are part of the Digital Consulting unit and work at the forefront of industrial digitalization. You'll be responsible for developing and implementing consulting projects across the entire spectrum of data analytics, with a focus on translating business problems into Proof of Concept (PoC) and initial outcomes, as well as supporting clients in conceptualizing how to implement PoC's in productive environments at scale. The solutions you'll be working on extend from Machine Learning and Visual Analytics through to Text Mining, Image Recognition, Process Mining, Automation and many other exciting technologies.
You'll be finding answers to far-reaching questions in different industries and developing successful solutions for both the Siemens Group and the external market. You'll be working on exciting topics like connected machines, fraud detection, early warning systems, augmented machine vision in production lines, sales & operations optimization, material and process flow analysis and many others. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you.
With us, you will have the opportunity to specialize in your field and in related disciplines in these dynamic markets. Grow with us and use your chance to follow successful Advanta alumni into leadership positions.
- Work with your project team in close collaboration with clients and internal colleagues from Management Consulting, Operations Consulting and the UX team
- Inspire our customers with innovative technical solutions and implementation based on their needs and support the piloting and implementation of these solutions
- Work on developing and acquiring new client projects in data analytics
- Build ad-hoc analysis and help evaluate and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data on existing projects
- Assume responsibility for the communication of results and ensure smooth collaboration with your stakeholders along the value creation process
NOTE ... This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- M.S.in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Statistics (i.e., Machine Learning or Data Science)
- 5 to 8 years minimum years of overall work experience is desired, yet may flux
- Hands on working proficiency with Machine Learning
- At least 3 years of outstanding industry experience in Data Science, Software Engineering, Big Data or a similar field--preferably in a consulting environment for both industrial and enterprise customers
- Know-how on Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) of Big Data in enterprise environments (e.g., SAP, Oracle), cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Azure), as well as familiarity of data architecture requirements and conceptual approaches for deploying algorithmic solutions in Big Data productive environments--preferably in both IT and OT systems
- Comfortable working in programming languages like SQL, Python and R, as well as with frameworks like Tensorflow; experience developing solutions in distributed teams using Version Control tools like GIT
- Skilled in applying algorithmic models and are well acquainted with the properties and limits of a diverse set of established as well as state-of-the-art models, as well as validating the model results against the stated business objectives
- Possess a track record leading the technical implementation of data analytics projects and able to identify and resolve bottle necks and problems
- Well-versed in exploring data and creating compelling data-driven stories through visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense and Spotfire
- Stay abreast of new technologies in artificial intelligence and digitalization and seek creative ways of applying emerging and state-of-the-art algorithmic approaches in real world business applications
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and consulting skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Relevant international work experience preferred (studies abroad, internships, employment)
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel (approx. 80 percent)
What you'll bring to our next dialogue
We want future data science leaders considering Siemens IOT Digital Consulting as their new home to feel ready for the path ahead. To help you along the interview journey, we suggest that you come prepared-here are some practical tips: know some background about our company and markets and why we are in the business of digitally transforming our customers, wow us with your amazing technical mastery of data science, show us how you applied your deep business understanding in real-world use cases to translate data into insights and business outcomes, and share with us your clear and compelling vision on how a role in Advanta will accelerate your career as a future data science leader.
A career at Advanta means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one. Join us, and start shaping your future today.
Company: Omnetric Corp.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .