Now's our timeto inspire the future of healthcare together.
SiemensHealthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 yearsof experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicatedcolleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering highquality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across theglobe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services inthe areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics andmolecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This iswhat truly matters to us.
Join our teamnow at Siemens Healthineers as Senior AI Scientist in Image-Guided Therapy (IGT) technologies,with focus on, but not limited to, AI approaches for real-time analysis andmodeling of interventional images, computer vision, multi-modality imagefusion, and medical robotics for minimally invasive interventions.
You will bepart of the Digital Technology and Innovation Center, the central hub forR&D in artificial intelligence and digital innovation of SiemensHealthineers. Our global footprint extends to USA (Princeton, NJ), China,India, and various countries within Europe. Our highly skilled AI expertsspecialize in using large data collections and powerful supercomputinginfrastructure to build artificial intelligence solutions in closecollaboration with government agencies, universities, and healthcare providersworldwide. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in achallenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to thinkout-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team hasa strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, lookingfor the next step in their career. As a Senior AI Scientist, you will beresponsible for:
• Youwill research, design and implement AI algorithms and technology to supportimage-guided therapies, for instance for robust and fast image analysis(detection, tracking, multi-modality fusion) or AI systems for medical robotics(modeling and control).
• Youwill advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents andpublications in top journals and conferences
• Youwill support the development of prototypes to demonstrate the performance ofthe algorithms you will research, from specification to implementation tovalidation.
• Youwill support feasibility studies, in collaboration with Siemens Healthineersbusiness lines and clinical partners.
• Youwill work together with customers to understand their problems, requirementsand deliver solutions.
• Youwill participate in the development of internal project proposals or governmentgrants, from ideation to planning.
This position may suit you best if you are familiarwith what is below,and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• Youhave completed a Ph.D. in interventional image computing, biomedicalengineering, computer science, or related.
• Youhave strong background in artificial intelligence for image-guided therapyand/or medical robotics, and willing to learn about new algorithms, software,and hardware solutions.
• Youare willing to accept challenges and responsibilities to advance the state ofthe art in real-time image analysis, multi-modality fusion and medicalrobotics, as demonstrated by a publication record and early developments to thelevel of working prototype.
• Youhave hands-on coding skills and can quickly prototype in python and C++.Experience with GPU, embedded system, and mechatronics is desired.
• Sinceyou are interacting with international customers, outstanding written andverbal English skills are necessary, with very strong presentation skills.
• Youshow team orientation, can-do attitude, communication skills and customerorientation.
• Youare willing to travel to meet business partners and clinical collaborators.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• Ph.D.degree or equivalent experience required
• 3-5+years of experience (including Ph.D. study), with strong knowledge inartificial intelligence for image-guided therapy technologies and medicalrobotics
• Strongcollaboration and communication skills
• Willingto travel up to 10%
SiemensHealthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitmentto prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partnerrequirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward,please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination forCOVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, wherelocal conditions allow, who:
1) Arecustomer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner siteor interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Comeon-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineerslocation.
(Note:Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At SiemensHealthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greatercause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. Whatunites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneeringideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. Werecognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company togrow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to movebeyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcareis delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying,please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As anequal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications fromindividuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Now's our timeto inspire the future of healthcare together.
Perks and Benefits
Health and Wellness
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Parental Benefits and Childcare
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- Remote Work Opportunities
Office Life and Perks
- Commuter Benefits Program
Vacation and Time Off
- Leave of Absence
- Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Financial and Retirement
- Relocation Assistance
- Performance Bonus
- Company Equity
- Promote From Within
- Mentor Program
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Access to Online Courses
- Lunch and Learns
- Tuition Reimbursement
Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program