Solution Architect (m/f/d) - (IES - SISW - MG)
- Munich, Germany
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Organization: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Department: Integrated Electrical Systems
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Mentor (A Siemens Business) is a global technology leader in electronic and electric design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively. As part of Siemens Industry Software, the Integrated Electrical Systems product Segment (IES) provides data driven automation software for design of electrical distribution systems and their associated electrical harnesses within major automotive & aerospace platforms. Key element of that flow is the design of Software & Network platforms generated from multidomain E/E Architectures which our customers use to push the boundaries of their designs to eliminate mistakes, meet cost targets and reduce cycle times. This requires specialist software able to transform that process. Embedding and integrating the IES solution portfolio within the overall Siemens Industry Software PLM, ALM and Simulation portfolio and capability set is one key driver for our software solutions.
Join our team as an "Solution Architect (m/f/d)" in Munich, Germany.
In this position you help to drive our unique capabilities into the market and take architectural design to the next level. The key objectives for the role which is organizationally within our product marketing and business development team are:
- To position our overall solution and especially our architectural solutions with our key customers and prospective customers
- To hear the voice of the customers and translate needs into development objectives, while also anticipating future market trends in the domain
- To work with the various product line teams contributing to products collateral and market positioning of the products, both current and future
- To collaborate with the PLM/ALM and Simulation product segments
- Be up to date with technology advances in the product's area of application.
- Attending customer user meetings, seminars, trade shows and conferences as the product representative
- Contribute to and communicate the vision for the product line, acting as a product steward and evangelist both internally and externally.
- Simulate and educate field sales to secure maximum attention and time on the solution
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to ensure production and delivery of industrial strength application examples, technical test cases and appropriate product collateral
- Provide product support to Mentor Graphics' sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in Pre- and Post-sales situations. This duty will involve some level of international travel
- Work with the development organization to describe the context, value and intent of the requirements and to work closely with the development team throughout the implementation ensuring that the software meets the intent
- Interfacing closely with software engineering to make sure the product as delivered is as specified and agreed with the senior management team
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge and practical experience in the E/E domain of Automotive or Aerospace markets
- Know-How of Model Based Design or ECAD tools and markets
- Expertise in PLM and/or ALM solutions and markets
- Good knowledge of design and engineering processes for OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers in Automotive or Aerospace industry
- Significant knowledge in at least two of the following domains:
- Expertise in multiplexed communication system design including managing signal dictionaries, diagnostics and optimization
- Experience in functional design and software development methods in automotive, aerospace or similar domains using formal (SysML and/or UML) or informal methods
- Skills in design and analysis of electrical distribution systems for Automotive, Avionics or Complex Machinery
- Experience in E-/Architecture or advanced platform design and optimization including measuring performance against requirements and developing trade studies
- Highly credible with customers and able to develop strong relationships with customers and the tar-geted sales organization
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time
- Experience of agile software development processes
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills in German and English
- Willingness to engage in appropriate levels of travel
At Siemens Digital Industries Software we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally - including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.Siemens supports the Program "Job - Jobs ohne Barrieren" initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional
Back to top