Software/System Architect (m/f/d) (192585SB)
- Vienna, Austria
You want to design autonomous industrial systems with emergent intelligence and collaborative behavior that will impact the world of manufacturing with robots, building automation, energy management and mobility. You enjoy working with groundbreaking technologies like machine learning/AI, blockchain and microservices based on Docker / Kubernetes for target cloud, edge computing and field environments in agile DevOps teams. You can balance performance, scalability and reliability in architecture and design complex software-intensive systems consisting of large number of machines, computers, data and/or users.
If so, you are the ideal candidate for open positions of Junior and/or Senior Software/System Architect (m/f/d) in our Austrian headquarters of research and development unit Corporate Technology (CT) of Siemens AG in Vienna!
With over 7000 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department (www.siemens.com/innovation/en/about-research-and-development.htm) occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. We are an international network of experts and a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, the USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
What are my responsibilities
You will research in the area of software/system architectures and software engineering methodologies for highly scalable and resilient software systems and ecosystems with focus on smart autonomous cyber-physical systems. You will manage development of prototypes using new design patterns and technologies with the goal to estimate their potential and present the results to business stakeholders (product development managers, business unit heads) to assess their business value. You will apply the research results in world-wide consulting based on coaching, assessment and reviews of architecture and used technologies, and/or directly participate in design of highly innovative products and solutions for Siemens operating companies.
What do I need to qualify for this job
- Master's degree in software/system engineering, software architecture, computer science, information technology, electrical engineering or similar (PhD is a plus)
- 3+ years of professional software architecture experience, preferable from one of the following domains: industrial and building automation, power generation and energy management, mobility/transportation, healthcare
- Expert skills in software/system engineering methodology und technologies for large-scale distributed systems, edge computing and cloud systems (AWS, Azure), e.g., UML/SysML modeling, architecture and design patterns, microservices, message-oriented middleware, container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Programming skills: C/C++, Java, C#, Java Script, Python or similar. At minimum authority in one language and good working knowledge in another. Target operating systems: Linux and Windows.
- Research background and/or experience from government-funded projects (preferable)
- Experience with data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies (preferable)
- Project management experience (project manager or team lead)
- Consulting and mentorship capabilities
- Intercultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills in world-wide distributed projects (preferable)
- Analytic und critical thinking
- Desire to never stop learning and improving
- Initiative, motivation, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
- Fluent in English
- German is a plus
What else do I need to know
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is minimum EUR 50.000,- on a fulltime basis. An overpayment is possible depending on education and experience. Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
How do I apply
We are looking forward for your online application!
Company: Siemens Aktiengesellschaft Österreich
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top