Software System Engineer II
- Weston, MA
Position Title: Software Systems Engineer II
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Software Systems Engineer will be part of the development team of the next generation product focused on remote robotics. You will be a contributor to our product definition and development efforts. Candidates should have demonstrated experience working with complex systems and requirements/risk management. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines with a focus on capturing and managing requirements, system modeling, system integration and testing. Ideal candidates will include those who have contributed to system design and integration of new robotic applications, and have experience writing and managing requirements for complex systems. Applicants should have a background in requirements management, and experience in integration and testing of complex systems.
- Participate in requirements definition and risk management activities for new product development.
- Contribute to identification, modeling, and capture of system and subsystem requirements for new products by working with product management, engineering team members, and external development resources.
- Lead documentation of traceability from requirements to design output and test cases.
- Contribute to modeling of a complex robotic systems and network communication systems using use case diagrams, block definition diagrams, internal block diagrams, etc. within the SysML/UML modeling language.
- Support system integration and testing during the new product development process, including the development of integration and verification plans.
- Participate in and contribute to Human Factors, Usability, and UFMEA activities.
- Drive continuous improvement for systems engineering and related quality processes.
- BS Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics or other related technical area required, MS preferred
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience required, preferably working with medical devices
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Helix ALM, DOORS, or JAMA required
- Experience with model-based development using SysML/UML in modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, No Magic Cameo required
- Experience writing requirements and design specifications required
- Experience working with complex software and network architectures preferred
- Knowledge of common medical device standards such as IEC 62304, ISO 14971 and IEC 60601 preferred
- Experience in risk management (Hazards Analysis, FMEA, etc.) preferred
- Strong communication skills preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top