Software RAMS Manager - Rail Infrastructure
- Mckeesport, PA
Do you have a passion for Functional Safety? Do you want to join an Engineering company which offers many growth opportunities nationally and internationally? Then apply for the position of SW RAMS Manager with Siemens!
In this role, you will incorporate RAMS management throughout the entire lifecycle of product development, from a use case definition, RAMS planning over requirement clarification, design, software development, verification, validation, field test, pilot projects, product qualification, safety case to independent safety assessment. Here at Siemens, we work hand-in-hand with hardworking designers to deliver safe solutions meeting customer needs. We advocate for process alignment and ensure that the job gets done accurately. If you have ample experience as a software developer of Safety Critical systems, we'd love to have you join our team!
- Establish system requirements with regard to reliability, availability, maintainability and safety using customer requirements and country-specific legal standards;
- Ensure that required approvals and operating licenses are acquired as scheduled. Also ensure that vital documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approvals
- Act as the intermediary between the project and approval authority; support project execution by coordinating requirements with the Project Manager, Systems Engineers, Suppliers and Customers
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA and FTA to identify faults within the systems and operations
- Ensure process consistency throughout the SDLC within the scope of responsibility
- 4 - 8 years of experience as a RAMS engineer, RAMS manager, software developer, or validator for sophisticated and safety-critical Railroad, Nuclear Plant, Aircraft and\or Automotive systems
- Experience with System and Software Development Processes
- Knowledge of fail-safe, vital and redundant design principles
- Experience with Design Diversity and Checked Redundancy Safety Assurance Concepts
Minimum of 3 years hands-on knowledge regarding:
- Quality assurance (processes & reviews)
- Verification & Validation (software)
- Ability to focus on the task at hand despite concurrent assignments
- Knowledge of safety-critical coding standards (e.g., MISRA)
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- On the job experience with following techniques: FMEA, FMECA, RBD, FTA, Markov Chains
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, MIL-882, IEC-61508, AREMA)
- Hands-on knowledge of Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159)
- Experience with Cyber Security (IEC-62443)
- Critical thinking
- Different management styles
- Working in an international environment
- Customer interaction
- Relationship with legal authorities
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a RAMS Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Siemens can support extension of work authorization for this position if needed.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top