Software QA/Test Engineer (GUI testing, Tcl/Tk) - SISW - MG 207581
- Lake Oswego, OR
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Software QA/Test Engineer (GUI testing, Tcl/Tk) - 207581
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Software Testing
Responsible for verification and test of Mentor's interface technologies and graphical user interfaces as a member of the Results Viewer/Calibre Interactive project team.
This role involves creating test cases to verify new functionality, test case
automation, and execution/analysis of regression test results. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and improving the test environment. You will work with and be part of a team of quality assurance engineers responsible for the quality of three GUI products, supporting multiple Calibre tools and customer usage models.
This job requires the candidate to make immediate contributions to the team. The candidate should have strong software skills and testing abilities and have knowledge of the CAD/CAE industry. The ideal candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- An innate desire to learn new things and quickly assimilate knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong teammate with solid interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject area
- 5 years in SW Quality Assurance with black and grey box functional testing
- Extensive Linux or Unix operating system experience
- Shell Scripting experience (e.g., bash, ksh, csh)
- Python3 experience
- Solid experience writing Tcl/Tk code
- Familiar with using defect tracking systems
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Practical experience with source code control tools (e.g., GIT, Perforce, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to thrive and improve in a multifaceted multi-site fast-paced development environment
- Exposure to CAD/CAE environments such as:
- EDA verification tools like DRC, LVS, Parasitic Extraction
- EDA full custom layout tools/place and route tools
- EDA layout viewers
- Experience with Squish testing infrastructure a plus
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites is highly desirable
- GUI application development in a Linux environment using Tcl/Tk or Qt
- Experience developing or testing products written in an object oriented language
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top