Software Engineer (v/m)
- Brussels, Belgium
Siemens Belux is looking for a Software Engineer for his division Digital Industries!
You will be part of an entrepreneurial IT team that focuses on creating new data-driven solutions for Siemens industrial customers. Our current activities are focused on R&D and product development, but we are also exploring the potential of offering project and consulting services.
During the past year, our team developed 2 software products in 2 different industries: emission monitoring and logistic robot monitoring. These products are built on basis of advanced concepts like containerization, micro-services architecture, time-series databases, and artificial intelligence algorithms.
We are currently looking for our next team member, capable of managing these complex solutions and bringing them to the next level of performance and robustness. You will become the solution owner and:
- support and improve the current solution architecture
- set new objectives and extend solution functionality
- perform functional, integration and performance testing
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Professional programming skills, using programming languages and frameworks like:
- Python or equivalent (prerequisite)
- Nodejs or equivalent (prerequisite)
- Angular or equivalent (prerequisite)
- Docker (prerequisite)
- MongoDB, InfluxDB or equivalent (prerequisite)
- SQLite, MySQL, SQL server or equivalent (prerequisite)
- Micro-service architecture and API architecture (desirable)
- Message queues like NATS, MQTT broker (desirable)
- C# (desirable)
- Experience with data preparation and cleaning
- Understanding of machine learning approaches to supervised and unsupervised learning
- Understanding the software needs to support AI in a software application
You also have proven experience in;
- Communication protocols like MQTT, OPC-UA, S7
- Linux operating systems
- Advanced statistics and machine learning projects
- Business intelligence
We are not looking for superheroes, just super minds
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool
It's incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that's why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee's development, whether that's Chartership, training or mentoring.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Back to top