Software Engineer (m/f/d) Battery Development - (SISW - PLM - STS)
- Nürnberg, Germany
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Simulation & Test Solutions
Type: Full time / permanent
Discover Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Join our team as "Software Engineer (m/f/d) Battery Development" in Nürnberg, Germany.
The role is within the Batteries vertical development team within the Technology Application & Verticals Department, which itself is part of the larger Product Development organization. This latter team is tasked with providing three full STAR-CCM+ releases per year all including meaningful new feature development.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Work collaboratively as part of a geographically distributed development team passionate about extending the battery simulation features of STAR-CCM+. Develop and maintain new and existing features in support of the Battery Simulation Module
- Design, implement and test new features in the theme of battery simulation methods
- Interpret requirements for new features to create development proposals and prototypes which can be shared and further improved with the team
- Lead the software quality of development efforts within this theme and synthesize feedback on the features to continually improve the product
- Operate within an agile scrum environment taking appropriate ownership of development tasks and report back on progress and impediments
- Build, extend and maintain new and existing battery simulation related features within STAR-CCM+
- Implementation will involve using best-practices in software development to create high quality, object-oriented software using the C++ and Java programming languages
- Maintain and improve the existing sizable code base through refactoring to improve quality and address evolving software requirements
- Interpret market driven requirements to develop feature proposals, design documents & prototypes. Feature design should consider the end user and overall solution workflow to attain the efficient solution
- Create automated tests within a Java framework to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product
- Take part in design and code reviews, providing appropriate presentations, supporting materials in support of new ideas, as well as feedback on similar peer work products
- Work to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
- Attend regular team meetings, provide status and report on progress of work products
- MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline
- C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial engineering simulation software
- Working knowledge of battery science and some familiarity with current simulation methods. Primarily the solutions are focused at lithium ion chemistry, but all forms of battery chemistry are encouraged
- Ability to work, communicate and coordinate within a large geographically distributed development organization
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software development in a commercial environment
- Engineering simulation software experience
- Client/server architectures
- Parallel programming experience
- Java and scripting languages such as Python and Bash
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens Digital Industries Software we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally - including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies. Siemens supports the Program "Job - Jobs ohne Barrieren" initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional
Back to top