Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as "Software Development Engineer (m/f/d)" from our office in Prague, Czech Republic.
Polarion Software was acquired by Siemens Digital Industries (DI) in January 2016, expanding their support for the growing ALM market. Working with innovative partners, we've expanded our mission to help customers unlock synergies across all of their development teams. Integrating Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Product Line Engineering (PLE) with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) processes allows us to bridge the gap between mechanical, hardware, electronic and software development, delivering unprecedented efficiencies.
Siemens Digital Industries is a leading global provider of software, systems and services for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM). With our range of high-performance industrial software, we help manufacturing companies increase the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bring new products to market faster.
You'll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Design and develop high-quality software
- Contribute to the architectural design of new features
- Pro-actively implement practices to increase quality and productivity
- Help senior software development engineers with code reviews
- Work closely with testers and project managers to ensure that requirements are clearly outlined before coding commences
- Actively contribute to planning and assessment meetings
What do you need to realize what matters?
- Computer Science degree or similar
- 2-5 years of experience in Web development
- Excellent Java (SE) development skills
- Work experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Experience in unit testing with Junit
- Strong skills in HTML/JS
- Work experience with Git
- Proficient usage of English
Advantage (nice to have):
- Work experience with some of the following technologies: Java 11, Eclipse RCP, Google Web Toolkit, React JS, Tomcat, Spring boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, Gitlab CI or Docker
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
What we offer?
- 25 days of vacation
- 3 additional free days as so balled "bridge days" in each fiscal year
- Pension contribution at the rate of 3% of salary per year
- Lunch vouchers in value 100 CZK per working day
- Possibility to get for 550 CZK monthly multisport card
- Medical care by EUC premium
- Share / Stock matching plan
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Come and learn more about Siemens Software: Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage .
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities . At Siemens, we believe people who've had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time