Software Development Engineer (High Performance Computing, C++) - SISW - MG 205014
- Lake Oswego, OR
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Software Development Engineer (High Performance Computing, C++) - 205014
Job Location: USA - CA - Fremont
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The Software Development Engineer required for the R&D team to perform the following:
• Research, development and optimization of advanced tools/systems for next generation and high performance of Calibre platform.
• Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
• Design, develop and optimize software using scientific analysis.
• Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements for new system/features.
• Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
• BS/Master/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• Must have 5+ years' experiences in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms.
• Prior knowledge and experience of manipulation of large data volume is required.
• Experience of developing software on GPU systems or High Performance Computation systems is a plus.
• Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and/or semiconductor manufacturing software development is a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other engineers from different groups is required.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup project and personal goals, and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
• Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed computing is preferred.
• Strong background in algorithms and data structures, object-oriented design, mathematics, statistics and data analysis, programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems is preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top