Software Development Engineer (C,C++, Linux, Unix) - SISW - 197867
- Fremont, CA
Siemens EDA (previously Mentor) is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software solutions that help engineers around the world design and manufacture new and highly innovative products. Each year, our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver smaller, faster and more reliable products that run the world's high tech devices.
We are looking for a highly motivated research software engineer to work in the Platform team in the Calibre business unit. You will be responsible for the projects of highly scalable computational systems in the platform team. You will be teaming up with a group of software engineers and work on the new platform for Calibre products. You will help to build the functions from prototype to final production level quality of new system, new components and algorithms and to support Calibre existing and future products.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
- BS/Master/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Prior knowledge and experience of manipulation of large data volume is required.
- Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed computing is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other engineers from different groups is required.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup project and personal goals, and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
- Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and/or semiconductor manufacturing software development is preferred.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures, object-oriented design, mathematics, statistics and data analysis, programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems is preferred.
The Software Development Engineer required for the R&D team to perform the following:
- Research, development and optimization of advanced tools/systems for next generation Calibre platform.
- Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
- Design, develop and optimize software using scientific analysis.
- Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements for new system/features.
- Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top