Software Developer - Rail Infrastructure
- Mckeesport, PA
Siemens Mobility is continuously developing intelligent rail automation solutions to provide greater efficiency and optimization for the rail transportation market. Siemens is a world market leader to the mass transit and freight industries specializing in PTC (Positive Train Control) on-board solutions, grade crossing protection systems, signaling products, electronic interlockings, automatic train control systems, operations control systems and rail-it solutions, and yard solutions. We'd love to have you check us out and join our team!
This tenured developer would be a part of a software development team dedicated to creating a high quality product to improve rail safety. Responsibilities within the software development process include:
- Software design
- Software implementation
- Software enhancement and refactoring
- Software maintenance
- Software unit and integration testing
Performance is based on quality and quantity of software, attention to detail, and the ability to work within a team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years of software development experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably C++/C
- Object Oriented programming experience
- Experience with software design and documentation
- Strong knowledge of debugging practices
- UML experience
- Data Structure experience
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and an ability to work independently and on a team
- Experience with PTC or other safety systems preferred but not necessary
- Experience with other languages a plus: Python, Perl, Java, C#
- Experience with Linux preferred
- Experience with development of embedded systems a plus
- Experience with ClearCase or other SCM software
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Able to communicate efficiently with a broad cross section of technical and non-technical colleagues
Performs complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software. Completes the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, executes complex test specifications. Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work. Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements. Performs presentations of complex technical findings and developments. Completes the software quality process through the execution of complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
Why Siemens? In Addition To An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Software Developer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Back to top